Time left to compete
THE GLOBAL CONTEMPORARY CHANGING MODELS
INTERNATIONAL CONTEMPORARY ART MARKETS COMPETITION
Students are invited to present a project of a new business or a start-up in the contemporary art world. An introductory text maximum 3 A4 pages that describes the type of business and the system in which it plans to operate; a model of management and a team model will complete the project.
Participants are required to submit a project Proposal presented as text of a possible model of business or startup ( maximum 3 A4 pages), further the student will present a model of management with examples of Italian or foreign models, spaces or institutions ( illustrated presentation of maximum 5 A4 pages) and further material on digital supports (USB, digital files or videos).
Candidates are also required to submit:
- Personal portfolio of works and projects;
- Detailed curriculum vitae;
- Motivation statement;
- Copy of Bachelor Degree/Academic diploma translated into English/Italian;
- Academic transcript/marksheet of previous studies, translated into English/Italian, listing subjects and exams, with corresponding number of hours/credits;
- Copy of passport;
- NABA Master Programs Application Form – Academic Year 2020/21* (download).
* The application fee is waived for competition participants
AUDIENCE & ELIGIBILITY
The competition is open to candidates with a bachelor’s degree or a first level academic diploma (or who are waiting to attain this qualification within the last session of a.y. 2019/20) in arts, humanities, economics or legal disciplines, interested in learning more about the art market and the valorisation of collections. The competition is also open to candidates with proven professional experience in the art world.
Candidates holding a first-level academic diploma or BA degree, or about to graduate within the academic year 2019/20 and with a knowledge of the Italian/English language (according to the medium of instruction of the program) equal to a complete B1 Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (IELTS 5.0 or equivalent for English programs).
The projects submitted by candidates will be assessed and selected by:
- Marco Scotini – NABA Visual Arts Department Head; Artistic Director at FM Contemporary Art Centre, Milan;
- Ilaria Bonacossa – NABA Master in Contemporary Art Markets Advisor Leader; Director Artissima, international contemporary art fair, Torino;
- Antonella Crippa – Collection Chief Curator at UBI Banca;
- NABA Admissions Jury.
HOW CAN I SUBSCRIBE TO THIS INITIATIVE?
Candidates are asked to send their materials in English or Italian and in two files in PDF format: one including the competition project and one including the remaining materials.
You can upload your materials by clicking the button below:
Or materials can be sent by email to:
When you submit your project, you will receive a confirmation within 48 hours that your submission was received. If you do not receive a confirmation, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 24th 2020 – Deadline for submitting complete application documents and competition project;
- May 8th 2020 – Communication of results to participants;
- May 15th 2020 – Deadline for winners to enroll in the Academic Master Program in Contemporary Art Markets.
The three best projects will be awarded a scholarship for partial coverage of the tuition fee to attend the Academic Master in Contemporary Art Markets starting in September 2020:
- 1st prize: 1 scholarship covering 50% of the tuition fee to attend the Academic Master;
- 2nd prize: 1 scholarship covering 40% of the tuition fee to attend the Academic Master;
- 3rd prize: 1 scholarship covering 30% of the tuition fee to attend the Academic Master;
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee amounting to:
- €15.000 for EU passport holders (Graduation Thesis Fee is not included)
- €19.000 for non-EU passport holders (Graduation Thesis Fee is not included)
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Every moral or paternity right as to the project remains property of the author.
• The projects sent to NABA will not be returned.
• NABA is entitled not to award the scholarship if the projects are deemed not to meet the suitable standards defined by the jury. The jury will judge at its own discretion and its decision is final.
• The scholarships referred to in this competition announcement cannot be combined with DSU scholarships or other economic grants offered by NABA.
• The scholarship will be deducted from the balance of the tuition fee.
• If the candidate does not confirm the acceptance of the prize, the scholarship can be transferred to the next candidate in the ranking list.
• The scholarship will be no longer applicable in case the student: does not enroll to NABA within the deadline set out by the competition announcement; renounces to attend university or demands to be transferred to another Academy/University; incurs in more serious disciplinary penalties than written reprimand for infractions against NABA.
• Awarded prizes cannot be deferred to future intakes of the program or to a different program.
• Selected participants accept that part of their work will be published on Websites and/or Social Media channels of the institutions involved.