Time left to compete
International Photography & Visual Design Competition
Since its début in the world of media, photography has built multiple and fruitful relationships with various artistic disciplines, such as, painting, architecture, literature, cinema and music… Examples include the narratives of the work of Sophie Calle or the work of Boris Mikhailov, who draws on his prints, or Thomas Demand, who combines photography with sculpture, playing on references between images and three-dimensional models.
In these examples, the materials do not consitute the mere theme of the photography and the photographs do not depict architecture or paintings through the lens, but combine with the same in a deeper structural level, altering specificity and purpose.
The perception of photography as a single, distinct disciple has fallen by the wayside, in favour of new conceptual and material interactions: the limits of photography have become unstable boundaries and other disciplines are now included within the same to form a composite language. The resulting interdisciplinarity is the outcome of this network of integration and synergy. Photography is no longer alone.
A piece of work developing the proposed theme, employing a minimum of one and a maximum of 20 photographic images. The piece is to be accompanied by a text of a maximum length of one page (1800 key strokes), which describes the work carried out. The project may be submitted as a hard copy or on digital media (CD, DVD, USB flash drive, with the files saved in pdf format).
Candidates are also required to submit:
- Personal portfolio of works and projects
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Motivation statement
- Copy of Bachelor Degree/Academic diploma translated into English/Italian;
- Academic transcript/marksheet of previous studies, translated into English/Italian, listing subjects and exams, with corresponding number of hours/credits;
- NABA Master Programs Application Form – Academic Year 2018/2019
Candidates are asked to send their materials in English or Italian language and in two files in PDF format: one including competition
The competition is open to candidates willing to approach the world of photography, arts, national and international communication and combine a solid historical and cultural base with highly developed technical and practical skills necessary for success in national and international markets.
HOW CAN I SUBSCRIBE TO THIS INITIATIVE?
Candidates are asked to uploaded their materials in English language and in two files in PDF format: one including competition project and one including personal portfolio. You can upload your materials by clicking the button below:
alternatively materials can be sent by email to:
or shipped to:
NABA Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti Milano
International Admissions Office
Via Darwin, 20 – 20143 Milan, Italy
When you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation within 48 hours that your submission was received. If you do not receive a confirmation, let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org
• May 11th 2018 – Deadline for submitting applications and projects
• June 5th 2018 – Communication of results to participants
• June 13th 2017 – Deadline for winners to matriculate in the Academic Master in Photography and Visual Design
Projects will be evaluated and selected by the Faculty of the Master in Photography and Visual Design and the Admissions Jury.
The three best projects will be awarded a scholarship for partial coverage of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the Academic Master in Photography and Visual Design starting in September 2018.
- 1st prize: n. 1 scholarship covering 60% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the Program
- 2nd prize: n. 1 scholarship covering 50% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the Program
- 3rd prize: n. 1 scholarship covering 40% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the Program
- 2 special mentions covering 20% of the tuition fee to attend the Academic Master
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee amounting to:
1-year Academic Master Programs
€12.990 (for EU passport holders –Diploma Fee is not included)
€16.550 (for non-EU passport holders – Diploma Fee is not included)