Time left to compete
18 SCHOLARSHIPS 40% TUITION FEE COVERAGE
NABA, International Academy of Arts and Design in Milan, is pleased to launch a scholarship competition open to International students for Bachelor of Arts Degree Programs, academic year 2020/2021.
The scholarship competition aims at selecting the Best International Profiles and at supporting their outstanding talents.
For this very reason, NABA offers 18 scholarships covering 40% of the tuition fee for the Bachelor of Arts Degree Programs in Graphic Design and Art Direction, Design, Fashion Design, Media Design and Multimedia Arts, Creative Technologies, Set Design, Painting and Visual Arts starting in September 2020.
DEADLINE – 20th March 2020
INFORMATION – firstname.lastname@example.org
Creativity is not an abstract exercise, on the contrary, it requires the ability to contextualize and elaborate information and look for new solutions with an open spirit capable of listening and interacting.
NABA will award the scholarships following qualitative and commitment measures that the Jury will assess by reviewing the portfolio of projects and the motivation letter (artistic statement) of the candidates.
Portfolios are reviewed taking into consideration: aesthetic awareness, composition, drawing, design, color perception, spatial perception, quality of presentation, technique and originality. Favorable consideration is given to strong 2D and 3D work that shows fully rendered pieces, excellent craftsmanship, attention to technique and original design.
All materials submitted should be clearly labeled with the applicant’s name and contact information. Digital or internet based works can be submitted.
Candidates willing to participate must submit the following materials:
- Artistic portfolio of projects and works 
- Artistic statement 
- NABA Three-year Bachelor of Arts Degree Application Form 2019/2020 downloadable at the link bit.ly/2rEuHCV
- Copy of the high school diploma (if available), translated into English or Italian or School Attendance Certificate of the 12th year
- Copy of the high school academic transcripts, translated into English or Italian
- Copy of the passport
- Competition application form here attached
Application fee of 100,00 euro is waived for competition participants.
Candidates holding a valid higher secondary school diploma*, or about to get it within the academic year 2019/2020 and with a knowledge of the Italian/English language (according to the medium of instruction of the program) equal to a complete B1 Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (IELTS 5.0 or equivalent for English programs).
* The higher Secondary School Diploma:
- Shall allow to enter a graduate program which is comparable to the Italian BA Degree;
- Shall be obtained at the end of a period of study of at least 12 years;
- If a national test or final exam is necessary to enter a higher education institution in the student’s country of origin, such test/exam is also mandatory for entering Italian BA programs (Gao Kao and Yi Kao in China, TYT/AYT in Turkey, Vestibular in Brazil…).
18 scholarships covering 40% of the full standard tuition fee (17.360 euro net of regional tax) for the following NABA BA programs starting in September 2020 and valid for the Academic Year 2020/21.
- Two 40% scholarships for the BA Program in Graphic Design and Art Direction, English or Italian language
- Two 40% scholarships for the BA Program in Design, English or Italian language
- Two 40% scholarships for the BA Program in Fashion Design, English or Italian language
- Two 40% scholarships for the BA Program in Media Design and Multimedia Arts, English or Italian language
- Two 40% scholarships for the BA Program in Creative Technologies, English or Italian language
- Two 40% scholarships for the BA Program in Set Design, English or Italian language
- Two 40% scholarships for the BA Program in Painting and Visual Arts, English or Italian language
- One 40% scholarship for the BA Program in Graphic Design and Art Direction, English or Italian language
- One 40% scholarship for the BA Program in Fashion Design, English or Italian language
- One 40% scholarship for the BA Program in Media Design and Multimedia Arts, English or Italian language
- One 40% scholarship for the BA Program in Painting and Visual Arts, English or Italian language
Each candidate is allowed to submit one application selecting only one BA program and only one campus.
The submitted applications will be selected and evaluated by leading Faculty of the chosen BA Program and the Admission jury.
Interested candidates shall upload the requested materials on the following URL competition.naba.it or submit via e-mail at email@example.com indicating in the subject “NABA’s Got Talent Competition 2020” by and not later than March 20th 2020.
When you submit your project, you will receive a confirmation within 48 hours that your submission was received.
If you do not receive a confirmation, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Final results will be communicated to participants via email by April 3th 2020.
Winners are requested to accept the prize by sending an email to email@example.com by and not later than April 9th 2020. If no feedback is received by this date, the scholarship will be revoked.
Once the prizes have been accepted, winners must confirm their participation in the BA Program by sending copy of the pre-enrollment fee payment by and not later than April 14th 2020.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Each scholarship covers 40% of the tuition fee for the 1st year of the chosen 3-year BA Degree Program.
- Each candidate is allowed to submit one application selecting only one BA program and only one campus.
- The amount of the scholarship will be discounted from the overall tuition fees equivalent to 17.360 euro (net of regional tax), and will be deducted for every academic year from the last instalment of the Tuition Fees.
- The scholarship is renewable for 2nd and 3rd year if specific academic criteria are met. 
- NABA is entitled not to award the scholarship if the projects are deemed not to meet the suitable standards defined by the jury. The jury will judge at its own discretion and its decision is final.
- Should the evaluation of two candidates result equivalent, NABA will choose the winner according to the Grade Point Average obtained during the high school (up until the moment when the application is presented).
- Assigned scholarships that are not redeemed could be transferred to the next candidate in the ranking list.naba.it
- The scholarships presented in this public announcement cannot be combined with other economic reductions offered by NABA, including DSU scholarship.
- The scholarship will be no longer applicable in case the student: does not enrol to NABA within the deadline set out by the competition announcement; renounces to attend the program or demands to be transferred to another Academy/University; incurs in more serious disciplinary penalties than written reprimand for infractions against NABA.
- Awarded prizes cannot be deferred to future intakes of the program and cannot be switched from Milan to Rome campus and vice versa.
- Every moral or paternity right of all submitted works are property of the author.
- The works sent to NABA will not be returned.
- Rights related to exhibition, publication and broadcasting of winners’ works belong both to the authors and to NABA (and the related organization).
 Portfolio Submission
A portfolio of projects is the presentation of yourself, of your previous academic and/or professional and/or amateurial experiences. There’s no need to include many projects rather a selection of your main works either academic or professional or amateurial that will let us understand your skills and potentials. Each portfolio will be assessed taking into account creativity, commitment, original ideas, layout, and technical skills.
Guidelines to the preparation of the Digital portfolio:
- Personal information – name, surname, date and place of birth, nationality, address, email address, telephone nr.
- 5 to 10 projects – each project should be divided into separate folders (they can be drawings, illustrations, computer graphic, photos, videos, …)
- Each project should have a PDF description containing – title of the project, year of production, information if it is a project developed at school, on your own, etc.
- Digital formats – Photos, graphic projects, drawings, sketches: PDF (including fonts), JPG or PNG 300 dpi
- Websites – complete folder including html, css, images, swf, other. If it is online: please provide us with the url web
- Videos – MPEG4 or AVI
- Texts, researches or presentations – PDF
 Artistic Statement
Please write an essay (max 500 words) elaborating the following questions:
In the next future:
- What job would you like to do after you graduate?
- Why did you choose NABA to achieve that?
- What are you favorite means of expression?
- What or who inspires you?
- How living and studying in Milano will positively influence your work?
 Renewal for 2nd year:
- Achievement of at least 30 credits by the end of the 3rd exams session – Fall/September
- Weighted average not lower than 27/30 by the end of the 3rd exams session – Fall/September
Renewal for 3rd year:
- Achievement of at least 88 credits by the end of the 3rd exams session – Fall/September
- Weighted average not lower than 27/30 by the end of the 3rd exams session – Fall/September
In order to get the renewal of the Scholarship for the new academic year (2nd and 3rd), the recipient should comply with NABA re-enrollment procedure and meet the requirements mentioned here above.
At the end of the third exam session (Fall/September), the Registration office will check whether the recipient meets the requirements to renew the Scholarship. Scholarship confirmation will be communicated to the student within October 31st.