Time left to compete
SELF-PORTRAIT: MY PORTRAIT THROUGH FASHION
INTERNATIONAL FASHION AND TEXTILE DESIGN COMPETITION
Candidates are invited to introduce themselves through the presentation of a collection capable of reflecting their own personality.
The project revolves around the self-portrait: candidates have to reference their personal imagination, personality, moral and artistic qualities.
Candidates are required to submit a pdf file with the layout coherent to the content including*:
• Written introduction
• Visual introduction: moodboard – research –inspiration (If the candidate is not the owner, photo credits must be included)
• Sketches of the collection: min 3 max 9
• Drawings of the sketch you create
• Outfit images (ready-to-wear or still life): max 4
• Illustration: an illustration that represents the content of the project.
• Work in progress pictures: you have to shoot pictures of each step during the creation of the outfit – Notes about the realization (i.e. sewn/made by the applicant, sewn/made by someone else, list of materials and techniques)
Candidates are also required to submit:
• Personal portfolio of works and projects;
• Detailed curriculum vitae;
• Motivation statement;
• Copy of Bachelor Degree/Academic diploma translated into English/Italian;
• Academic transcript/marksheet of previous studies, translated into English/Italian, listing subjects and exams, with corresponding number of hours/credits;
• Copy of passport;
• NABA Master Programs Application Form – Academic Year 2019/2020*.
* The work will be evaluated based on: creativity, layout, visual communication and quality of the execution.
** The application fee is waived for competition participants.
AUDIENCE & ELIGIBILITY
The competition is open to young designers that adopt and recognize in fashion a language able to visually embrace the essence of the contemporary world (music, visual arts, humanistic culture, technical/scientific culture, craft and industrial technologies, experimentation and tradition).
Are eligible candidates holding a first-level academic diploma or BA degree, or about to graduate within the academic year 2018/19 and with a knowledge of the Italian/English language (according to the medium of instruction of the program) equal to a complete B1 Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (IELTS 5.0 or equivalent for English programs).
Projects will be evaluated and selected by the Faculty of the Two-year MA in Fashion and Textile Design and the Admissions Jury.
HOW CAN I SUBSCRIBE TO THIS INITIATIVE?
Candidates are asked to send their materials in English or Italian and in two files in PDF format: one including the competition project and one including the remaining materials.
You can upload your materials by clicking the button below:
Or materials can be sent by email to:
When you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation within 48 hours that your submission was received. If you do not receive a confirmation, let us know at: email@example.com
- May 10th 2019 – Deadline for submitting complete application documents and competition project
- May 30th 2019 – Communication of results to participants
- June 7th 2019 – Deadline for winners to enrol in the Two-year MA Program in Fashion & Textile Design
The five best projects will be awarded a scholarship for partial coverage of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the Two-year MA in Fashion & Textile Design starting in September 2019.
• 1st prize: 1 scholarship covering 60% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program;
• 2nd prize: 1 scholarship covering 50% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program;
• 3rd prize: 1 scholarship covering 40% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program;
• 2 special mentions covering 20% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program.
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee amounting to:
• €11.360 for EU passport holders (Local Community Tax and Graduation Thesis Fee are not included)
• €16.360 for non-EU passport holders (Local Community Tax and Graduation Thesis Fee are not included)
Policy for renewal to the 2nd academic year:
• Achievement of at least 40 credits by the end of the 3rd exams session – Fall/September;
• Weighted average not lower than 27/30 by the end of the 3rd exams session – Fall/September.
In order to obtain the renewal of the Scholarship for the 2nd academic year, the recipient should comply with NABA re-enrolment procedure and meet the requirements mentioned here above. At the end of the third exam session (Fall/September), the Registration office will check whether the recipient meets the requirements to renew the Scholarship. Scholarship confirmation will be communicated to the student by October 31st.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Every moral or paternity right as to the project remains property of the author.
• The projects sent to NABA will not be returned.
• NABA is entitled not to award the scholarship if the projects are deemed not to meet the suitable standards defined by the jury. The jury will judge at its own discretion and its decision is final.
• The scholarships referred to in this competition announcement cannot be combined with DSU scholarships or other economic grants offered by NABA.
• All scholarship amounts will be deducted for every academic year from the last instalment of Tuition Fees.
• Scholarships awarded for the Two-year Master of Arts Degrees are calculated out of the yearly total cost net of the Regional Tax for the Right to University Education equal to 140 Euros.
• If the candidate does not confirm the acceptance of the prize, the scholarship can be transferred to the next candidate in the ranking list.
• The scholarship will be no longer applicable in case the student: does not enrol to NABA within the deadline set out by the competition announcement; renounces to attend university or demands to be transferred to another Academy/University; incurs in more serious disciplinary penalties than written reprimand for infractions against NABA.
• Awarded prizes cannot be deferred to future intakes of the program or to a different program.
• Selected participants accept that part of their work will be published on Websites and/or Social Media channels of the institutions involved.