Time left to compete
IT’S TIME FOR A NEW ADVENTURE
INTERNATIONAL CREATIVE ADVERTISING COMPETITION
A business from your country has decided to relaunch one of its products through social media platforms and has chosen you to design a strategy taking inspiration from an advertising that you saw on television when you were a child and that you have never forgotten (every now and then you still watch it on YouTube!).
Today, in front of the managers of that company, you are ready to pitch your idea (you have 3 minutes to convince them). It took some hard work, but in the end, you were able to:
• Analyse the old advertising (What message did it communicate? What emotional need of the consumer did it satisfy? Why did that creative idea prove successful to the point of being relevant even today?)
• Use the old concept, transforming it into a new message suitable to be spread via smartphone (Why do you think this digital strategy is useful? Which digital consumer behaviour do you want to encourage? What motivation will push the consumer to use the proposed social platform?)
• Create the storyboard for a video that tells us your new idea and in which there is the same brand payoff but an effective new claim related to the presented creative idea (well, you may not be very good at drawing, but your idea will convince them …). Fantastic! You were able to fit all three points in a 10MB max pdf file!!!
Candidates are required to submit a project description: advertising idea and strategy illustrated by A4 paper boards or a single .pdf file including a short written description.
Candidates are also required to submit:
• Personal portfolio of works and projects;
• Detailed curriculum vitae;
• Motivation statement;
• Copy of Bachelor Degree/Academic diploma translated
• into English/Italian;
• Academic transcript/marksheet of previous studies, translated into English/Italian, listing subjects and exams, with corresponding number of hours/credits;
• Copy of passport;
• NABA Master Programs Application Form – Academic Year 2019/2020*.
*The application fee is waived for competition participants
AUDIENCE & ELIGIBILITY
The competition is open to professionals and graduates in advertising, communication, brand and graphic design-related disciplines, design, marketing and humanities.
Are eligible candidates holding a first-level academic diploma or BA degree, or about to graduate within the academic year 2018/19 and with a knowledge of the Italian/English language (according to the medium of instruction of the program) equal to a complete B1 Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (IELTS 5.0 or equivalent for English programs).
Projects will be selected and evaluated by the Faculty of the Master in Creative Advertising and the Admissions Jury.
HOW CAN I SUBSCRIBE TO THIS INITIATIVE?
Candidates are asked to send their materials in English or Italian and in two files in PDF format: one including the competition project and one including the remaining materials.
You can upload your materials by clicking the button below:
Or materials can be sent by email to:
When you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation within 48 hours that your submission was received. If you do not receive a confirmation, let us know at: email@example.com
- May 10th 2019 – Deadline for submitting complete application documents and competition project
- May 30th 2019 – Communication of results to participants
- June 7th 2019 – Deadline for winners to enrol in the Academic Master Program in Creative Advertising
The five best projects will be awarded a scholarship for partial coverage of the tuition fee to attend the Academic Master in Contemporary Art Markets starting in September 2019:
- 1st prize: 1 scholarship covering 60% of the tuition fee to attend the Academic Master;
- 2nd prize: 1 scholarship covering 50% of the tuition fee to attend the Academic Master;
- 3rd prize: 1 scholarship covering 40% of the tuition fee to attend the Academic Master;
- 2 special mentions covering 20% of the tuition fee to attend the Academic Master.
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee amounting to:
- €13.950 for EU passport holders (Graduation Thesis Fee is not included)
- €17.950 for non-EU passport holders (Graduation Thesis Fee is not included)
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Every moral or paternity right as to the project remains property of the author.
• The projects sent to NABA will not be returned.
• NABA is entitled not to award the scholarship if the projects are deemed not to meet the suitable standards defined by the jury. The jury will judge at its own discretion and its decision is final.
• The scholarships referred to in this competition announcement cannot be combined with DSU scholarships or other economic grants offered by NABA.
• The scholarship will be deducted from the balance of the tuition fee.
• If the candidate does not confirm the acceptance of the prize, the scholarship can be transferred to the next candidate in the ranking list.
• The scholarship will be no longer applicable in case the student: does not enrol to NABA within the deadline set out by the competition announcement; renounces to attend university or demands to be transferred to another Academy/University; incurs in more serious disciplinary penalties than written reprimand for infractions against NABA.
• Awarded prizes cannot be deferred to future intakes of the program or to a different program.
• Selected participants accept that part of their work will be published on Websites and/or Social Media channels of the institutions involved.