Time left to compete
THE GLOBAL CONTEMPORARY
THE PICTURED COLLECTION
INTERNATIONAL CONTEMPORARY ART MARKETS COMPETITION
Students are invited to submit a dossier containing 15 works, where contemporary art dialogues with works from different cultures and times. Consulting exhibition catalogues, auction houses and gallery websites, candidates are required to select a collection of works, which are to be described individually in a data sheet (author, technique, date, size, origin and price, where available) and write an introductory text presenting the collection and the reasons behind their choices.
Competition participants are requested to submit a PROJECT PROPOSAL as a text explaining the concept (maximum 2 A4 pages), in addition to a dossier containing the 15 selected works and relevant data sheets, graphical designs, photo editing or any other technique (maximum 18 A4 sheets), and any other additional materials on digital media (CD, DVD, USB flash drive with visualisation of the project, photos, 3D, designs, drawings etc. in a pdf format).
Candidates are also required to submit:
• Detailed curriculum vitae;
• Motivation statement;
• Copy of Bachelor Degree/Academic diploma translated into English/Italian;
• Academic transcript/marksheet of previous studies, translated into English/Italian, listing subjects and exams, with corresponding number of hours/credits;
• Copy of passport;
• NABA Master Programs Application Form – Academic Year 2019/2020*.
* The application fee is waived for competition participants
AUDIENCE & ELIGIBILITY
The competition is open to candidates with a bachelor’s degree or a first level academic diploma (or who are waiting to attain this qualification within the last session of a.y. 2018/19), in arts, humanities, economics or legal disciplines, interested in learning more about the art market and the valorisation of collections. The competition is also open to candidates with proven professional experience in the art world.
Are eligible candidates holding a first-level academic diploma or BA degree, or about to graduate within the academic year 2018/19 and with a knowledge of the Italian/English language (according to the medium of instruction of the program) equal to a complete B1 Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (IELTS 5.0 or equivalent for English programs).
The projects submitted by candidates will be assessed and selected by:
- MARCO SCOTINI – Director of NABA’s Visual Arts Department, Artistic Director at FM Contemporary Art Centre, Milan
- ANTONELLA CRIPPA – Collection Chief Curator at UBI Banca
- ELISABETTA GALASSO – CEO Open Care Servizi per l’Arte
- ADRIANA POLVERONI – Art Verona Director
- NABA Admissions Jury
HOW CAN I SUBSCRIBE TO THIS INITIATIVE?
Candidates are asked to send their materials in English or Italian and in two files in PDF format: one including the competition project and one including the remaining materials.
You can upload your materials by clicking the button below:
Or materials can be sent by email to:
When you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation within 48 hours that your submission was received. If you do not receive a confirmation, let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 10th 2019 – Deadline for submitting complete application documents and competition project;
- May 30th 2019 – Communication of results to participants;
- June 7th 2019 – Deadline for winners to enrol in the Academic Master Program in Contemporary Art Markets.
The five best projects will be awarded a scholarship for partial coverage of the tuition fee to attend the Academic Master in Contemporary Art Markets starting in September 2019:
- 1st prize: 1 scholarship covering 60% of the tuition fee to attend the Academic Master;
- 2nd prize: 1 scholarship covering 50% of the tuition fee to attend the Academic Master;
- 3rd prize: 1 scholarship covering 40% of the tuition fee to attend the Academic Master;
- 2 special mentions covering 20% of the tuition fee to attend the Academic Master.
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee amounting to:
- €13.950 for EU passport holders (Graduation Thesis Fee is not included)
- €17.950 for non-EU passport holders (Graduation Thesis Fee is not included)
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Every moral or paternity right as to the project remains property of the author.
• The projects sent to NABA will not be returned.
• NABA is entitled not to award the scholarship if the projects are deemed not to meet the suitable standards defined by the jury. The jury will judge at its own discretion and its decision is final.
• The scholarships referred to in this competition announcement cannot be combined with DSU scholarships or other economic grants offered by NABA.
• The scholarship will be deducted from the balance of the tuition fee.
• If the candidate does not confirm the acceptance of the prize, the scholarship can be transferred to the next candidate in the ranking list.
• The scholarship will be no longer applicable in case the student: does not enrol to NABA within the deadline set out by the competition announcement; renounces to attend university or demands to be transferred to another Academy/University; incurs in more serious disciplinary penalties than written reprimand for infractions against NABA.
• Awarded prizes cannot be deferred to future intakes of the program or to a different program.
• Selected participants accept that part of their work will be published on Websites and/or Social Media channels of the institutions involved.