Time left to compete
20 SCHOLARSHIPS UP TO 50% TUITION FEE COVERAGE FOR NABA MASTERS OF ARTS
In order to promote excellence in academic disciplines, NABA intends to support highly motivated and talented young people, by offering 20 scholarships covering up to 50% of the tuition fees to attend Two-year Masters of Arts in Communication Design, Interior Design, Product and Service Design, Social Design, Fashion and Textile Design, New Technologies for Arts, Visual Arts and Curatorial Studies starting in February 2021. Scholarships will be awarded based on the evaluation of the candidates’ portfolio, curriculum vitae and motivation letter by the Course Leader of the chosen programme.
DEADLINE – October 2nd 2020
INFORMATION – [email protected]
WHO CAN PARTECIPATE?
- Students having a University Degree Certificate or a First Level Academic Diploma or equivalent title, earning that qualification within the last term of Academic Year 2019/20.
- The selection will be also open to applicants having a proven professional experience in relevant fields for the chosen educational path.
WHAT TO SUBMIT
- Application for Participation (p. 3/3);
- Application form (downloadable at the link https://bit.ly/3mjiRFM)*;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Artistic/professional portfolio of projects;
- Motivation letter;
- Previous transcripts/mark sheet and University Degree Certificate or First Level Academic Diploma (if already earned when making the application);
- Valid Passport copy;
Candidates are asked to send their materials in English or Italian and in two files in PDF format: one including the portfolio and one including the remaining materials.
*The application fee is waived for competition participants.
WHO WILL BE AWARDED THE SCHOLARSHIP?
Applications will be evaluated and selected by the Faculty of the pertaining Master of Arts and by the NABA Admissions Jury.
In case of equal assessment, the highest position in the list will be graded according to the weighted average of the exams passed during the Undergraduate Degree/First Level University Diploma until the date of application for admission.
The best projects will be awarded one of the 20 scholarships covering up to 50% of the tuition fees to attend the first year of the selected Master of Arts Programme starting in February 2021. Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee amounting to:
- €12.360 for EU passport holders (Regional Tax for Academic Studies and Graduation Thesis Fee are not included)
- €17.360 for non-EU passport holders Regional Tax for Academic Studies and Graduation Thesis Fee are not included).
WHEN WILL THE RESULTS BE COMMUNICATED?
The results will be communicated by e-mail to students within October 12th, 2020. Scholarship allocation will be made by a specific commission, whose judgement is final.
HOW DO I ACCEPT MY SCHOLARSHIP?
Candidates who have been awarded a scholarship must enrol within and no later than October 19th, 2020, otherwise the scholarship will be cancelled.
Scholarships which are awarded but not accepted will be transferred to the following candidate in the list, provided that the latter will be deemed as eligible..
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Every moral or paternity right as to the project remains property of the author.
- The projects/portfolios sent to NABA will not be returned.
- NABA is entitled not to award the scholarship if the projects are deemed not to meet the suitable standards defined by the jury. The jury will judge at its own discretion and its decision is final.
- The scholarships referred to in this competition announcement cannot be combined with DSU scholarships or other economic grants offered by NABA.
- NABA students and former NABA students, being entitled to specific economic grants, are not entitled to participate.
- Policy for renewal to the 2nd Academic Year:
- Achievement of at least 40 credits by the end of the 3rd exams session – Fall/September;
- Weighted average not lower than 27/30 by the end of the 3rd exams session – Fall/September. In order to obtain the renewal of the scholarship for the 2nd academic year, the recipient should comply with NABA re-enrolment procedure and meet the requirements mentioned here above. At the end of the third exam session (Fall/September), the Registration office will check whether the recipient meets the requirements to renew the scholarship. Scholarship confirmation will be communicated to the student by October 31st.
- All scholarship amounts will be deducted for every Academic Year from the last instalment of Tuition Fees.
- Scholarship amounts for Two-year Master of Arts are calculated out of the yearly total cost net of the Regional Tax for the Right to University Education equal to 140 Euro.
- The scholarship will be no longer applicable in case the student does not enrol to NABA within the deadline set out by the competition announcement; renounces to attend university or demands to be transferred to another Academy/University; incurs in more serious disciplinary penalties than written reprimand for infractions against NABA.
- Awarded prizes cannot be deferred to future intakes of the programme or to a different programme.
- Selected participants accept that part of their work will be published on websites and/or social media channels of the institutions involved.