Time left to compete
From Memory to Material
International Visual Arts & Curatorial Studies Competition
Students are asked to present a proposal – an exhibition, a material montage, an artistic project in form of collage or merzbau – that, by using the support as an archive, becomes a way to tell, historicize, and describe some of the issues of the current socio-political context. The proposal has to be developed starting from the experience and the work style of the candidate so that the structure and the proposed intervention point out his/her specific creative, artistic and curatorial skills.
Candidates are required to submit:
- The project should be presented as a text explaining the concept (max 2 A4 pages), possibly accompanied by a graphic project realized as a drawing, a photomontage or any other technique (max 4 A3 pages) and other additional digital materials (CD, DVD, USB key with the visualization of the project, photos, 3D, designs, drawings, etc. in pdf format).
- Personal portfolio of works and projects: (maximum 3 candidate’s best visual art design projects)
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Motivation statement
- Copy of Bachelor Degree/Academic diploma translated into English/Italian;
- Academic transcript/marksheet of previous studies, translated into English/Italian, listing subjects and exams, with corresponding number of hours/credits;
- NABA Master Programs Application Form – Academic Year 2018/2019
Candidates are asked to send their materials in English or Italian language and in two files in PDF format: one including competition project and one including the remaining materials.
*Application fee is waived for competition participants.
The competition is open to young artists searching for a solid education in the field of visual arts production with a highly specialized curatorial program, with the aim of building the skills of artists and curators starting from the same shared exhibition environment.
Projects will be evaluated and selected by the Faculty of the Two-year MA in Visual Arts & Curatorial Studies and the Admissions Jury.
HOW CAN I SUBSCRIBE TO THIS INITIATIVE?
Candidates are asked to send their materials in English or Italian language and in two files in PDF format: one including competition project and one
including the remaining materials. You can upload your materials by clicking the button below:
alternatively materials can be sent by email to:
or shipped to:
NABA Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti Milano
International Admissions Office
Via Darwin, 20 – 20143 Milan, Italy
When you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation within 48 hours that your submission was received. If you do not receive a confirmation, let us know at: email@example.com
• May 11st 2018 – Deadline for submitting applications and
• June 5th 2018 – Communication of results to participants
• June 13th 2018 – Deadline for winners to matriculate in the MA
in Visual Arts and Curatorial Studies
The three best projects will be awarded a scholarship for partial coverage of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the Academic Master in Visual Arts and Curatorial Studies starting in October 2016.
- 1st prize: n. 1 scholarship covering 60% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the Program
- 2nd prize: n. 1 scholarship covering 50% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the Program
- 3rd prize: n. 1 scholarship covering 40% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the Program
- 2 special mentions covering 20% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the Program
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee amounting to:
2-year Master of Arts Degree Programs:
€9.900 (for EU passport holders – Local Community Tax and Second Year Diploma Fee are not included)
€14.250 (for non-EU passport holders – Local Community Tax and Second Year Diploma Fee are not included)
Policy for renewal to the 2nd academic year:
• Achievement of at least 40 credits by the end of the 3rd exams session – Fall/September;
• Weighted average not lower than 27/30 by the end of the 3rd exams session – Fall/September.
In order to obtain the renewal of the Scholarship for the 2nd academic year, the recipient should comply with NABA reenrolment procedure and meet the requirements mentioned here above.
At the end of the third exam session (fall/ September), the Registration office will check whether the recipient meets the requirements to renew the Scholarship. Scholarship confirmation will be communicated to the student by October 31th.