Time left to compete
International Design Competition
It is clear how models, habits and strategies that have sustained Design development over the last century have been slowly disappearing, exposing their weaknesses. For years, Design has
supported the survival of traditional consumer behavior, through the creation of concepts of beauty, wellness, metropolis, architecture, interior and product design.
Design and manufacturing have been side by side since the very beginning. Through this alignment, design was able to accept manufacturing’s mission, mechanisms and values to achieve a problem-solving role without asking any questions on the paradigms of production, distribution and consumption.
However, questioning is the behavior that in topical historical moments was able to open up new ways of approaching the creation of man’s “home and things”.
This competition aims to predict modern solutions to the incoming transformation of the product design industry. Projects that aim to envision possible futures based on the paradigms and values of new/different living spaces:
• New manufacturing and production methods
• Different approaches to using materials and energies
• Rethinking the concepts of wellness and beauty
• New ways of distributing, owning, accessing, consuming and using
• A project able to show hints about paradigms and values of the future.
- Max 5 A3 boards in PDF or TIFF files that fully represent your design idea
- An abstract of the project: max 1 page
Candidates are also required to submit:
- Personal portfolio of works and projects
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Motivation statement
- Copy of Bachelor Degree/Academic diploma translated into English/Italian
- Academic transcript/marksheet of previous studies,
translated into English/Italian, listing subjects and exams, with corresponding number of hours/credits
- Copy of passport
- NABA Master Programs Application Form – Academic Year 2018/2019
Candidates are asked to send their materials in English language and in two files in PDF format: one including competition project and one including the remaining materials.
* Application fee is waived for competition participants
The competition is open to young designers coming from architecture, product design, and engineering faculties or professionals willing to explore the boundaries and constraints of the world of product design, acquiring and widening their knowledge, critical awareness, original thinking
HOW CAN I SUBSCRIBE TO THIS INITIATIVE?
Candidates are asked to uploaded their materials in English language and in two files in PDF format: one including competition project and one including personal portfolio. You can upload your materials by clicking the button below:
alternatively materials can be sent by email to:
or shipped to:
NABA Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti Milano
International Admissions Office
Via Darwin, 20 – 20143 Milan, Italy
When you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation within 48 hours that your submission was received. If you do not receive a confirmation, let us know at: email@example.com
• May 11th 2018 – Deadline for submitting applications and projects
• June 5th 2018 – Communication of results to participants
• June 13th 2018 – Deadline for winners to matriculate in the MA in Design – Product Design
Projects will be evaluated and selected by the Faculty of the Two-year Master in Design – Product Design and the Admissions Jury.
The five best projects will be awarded a scholarship for partial coverage of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA in Design – Product Design starting in September 2018.
- 1st prize: nr. 1 scholarship covering 60% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program
- 2nd prize: nr. 1 scholarship covering 50% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program
- 3rd prize: nr. 1 scholarship covering 40% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program
- 2 special mentions covering 20% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee amounting to:
2-year Master of Arts Degree Programs:
€9.900 (for EU passport holders – Local Community Tax and Second Year Diploma Fee are not included)
€14.250 (for non-EU passport holders – Local Community Tax and Second Year Diploma Fee are not included)
Policy for renewal to the 2nd academic year:
• Achievement of at least 40 credits by the end of the 3rd exams session – Fall/September;
• Weighted average not lower than 27/30 by the end of the 3rd exams session – Fall/September.
In order to obtain the renewal of the Scholarship for the 2nd academic year, the recipient should comply with NABA reenrolment procedure and meet the requirements mentioned here above.At the end of the third exam session (fall/ September), the Registration office will check whether the recipient meets the requirements to renew the Scholarship.
Scholarship confirmation will be communicated to the student by October 31th.