Time left to compete
Interior Design Competition
Over recent years, interiors have come to play an increasingly important role in the world in which we live. In fact, interior design should be viewed these days from a different perspective. Interior spaces are to be conceived as constructed substances, whose penetration no longer means entering into an empty space, but being part of a complex body. Interior design embeds itself in history, nestling in the interstices between objects, creating situations. In addition to being shaped in accordance with their function, interior spaces reflect the needs of aesthetic representation, of visual communication and of evolving dynamic cultural requirements. The organization of interior spaces speaks volumes, revealing their reason for being through a complex system of shapes, atmospheres, references and symbols.
Competition participants are expected to submit no more than three A3 sketches and a short text written in English. The materials are to be provided in a digital format (pdf file, max 10 Mb). Entrants are free to chose the scale of reference for their designs, but should specify what scale has been used. When illustrating designs, particular importance should be given to the visual and scenic representation of the interior space (3d models, perspective views and sections, rendering, etc.).
Candidates are also required to submit:
- Personal portfolio of works and projects
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Motivation statement
- Copy of Bachelor Degree/Academic diploma translated into
- Academic transcript/marksheet of previous studies, translated into English/Italian, listing subjects and exams, with corresponding number of hours/credits;
- NABA Master Programs Application Form – Academic Year 2018/2019
Candidates are asked to send their materials in English language and in two files in PDF format: one including competition project and one including the remaining materials.
* Application fee is waived for competition participants
The competition is open to young designers coming from architecture, interior design, and engineering faculties or professionals willing to explore the boundaries and constraints of the world of interior design, acquiring and widening their knowledge, critical awareness, original thinking.
HOW CAN I SUBSCRIBE TO THIS INITIATIVE?
Candidates are asked to uploaded their materials in English language and in two files in PDF format: one including competition project and one including the remaining materials. You can upload your materials by clicking the button below:
alternatively materials can be sent by email to:
or shipped to:
NABA Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti Milano
International Admissions Office
Via Darwin, 20 – 20143 Milan, Italy
When you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation within 48 hours that your submission was received. If you do not receive a confirmation, let us know at: email@example.com
• May 11th 2018 – Deadline for submitting applications and projects
• June 5th 2018 – Communication of results to participants
• June 13h 2018 – Deadline for winners to matriculate in the MA in Design – Interior Design
The five best projects will be awarded a scholarship for partial coverage of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA in Design – Interior Design starting in September 2017.
- 1st prize: nr. 1 scholarship covering 60% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program
- 2nd prize: nr. 1 scholarship covering 50% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program
- 3rd prize: nr. 1 scholarship covering 40% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program
- 2 special mentions covering 20% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee amounting to:
2-year Master of Arts Degree Programs:
€9.900 (for EU passport holders – Local Community Tax and Second Year Diploma Fee are not included)
€14.250 (for non-EU passport holders – Local Community Tax and Second Year Diploma Fee are not included)
Policy for renewal to the 2nd academic year:
• Achievement of at least 40 credits by the end of the 3rd exams session – Fall/September;
• Weighted average not lower than 27/30 by the end of the 3rd exams session – Fall/September.
In order to obtain the renewal of the Scholarship for the 2nd academic year, the recipient should comply with NABA reenrolment procedure and meet the requirements mentioned here above.
At the end of the third exam session (fall/ September), the Registration office will check whether the recipient meets the requirements to renew the Scholarship. Scholarship confirmation will be communicated to the student by October 31th.
Projects will be evaluated and selected by the Faculty of the Two-year Master in Design – Interior Design and the Admissions Jury.