Time left to compete
Self-portrait: My portrait through fashion
International Fashion Competition
Candidates are invited to introduce themselves through the presentation of a collection capable of reflecting their own personality.
The project revolves around the self-portrait: candidates have to reference their personal imagination, personality, moral and artistic qualities.
Candidates are required to submit:
- A pdf file with the layout coherent to the content including*:
- Written introduction
- Visual introduction: moodboard – research –inspiration (If the candidate is not the owner, photo credits must be included)
- Sketches of the collection: min 3 max 9
- Drawings of the sketch you create
- Outfit images (ready-to-wear or still life): max 4
- Illustration: an illustration that represents the content of the
- Work in progress pictures: you have to shoot pictures of
each step during the creation of the outfit – Notes about the realization (i.e. sewn/made by the applicant, sewn/made by someone else, list of materials and techniques)
- Personal portfolio of works and projects/personal collection
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Motivation statement
- Copy of Bachelor Degree/Academic diploma translated into English/Italian
- Academic transcript/marksheet of previous studies, translated into English/Italian, listing subjects and exams, with corresponding number of hours/credits;
- NABA Master Programs Application Form – Academic Year 2018/2019
Candidates are asked to send their materials in English language and in two files in PDF format: one including competition project and one including personal portfolio.
* Application fee is waived for competition participants
The competition is open to young designers that adopt and recognize in fashion a language able to visually embrace the essence of the contemporary world (music, visual arts, humanistic culture, technical/scientific culture, craft and industrial technologies, experimentation and tradition).
HOW CAN I SUBSCRIBE TO THIS INITIATIVE?
Candidates are asked to uploaded their materials in English language and in two files in PDF format: one including competition project and one including personal portfolio. You can upload your materials by clicking the button below:
alternatively materials can be sent by email to:
or shipped to:
NABA Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti Milano
International Admissions Office
Via Darwin, 20 – 20143 Milan, Italy
When you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation within 48 hours that your submission was received. If you do not receive a confirmation, let us know at: [email protected]
• May 11th 2018 – Deadline for submitting applications and projects
• June 6th 2018 – Communication of results to participants
• June 13th 2017 – Deadline for winners to matriculate in the MA in Fashion and Textile Design
Projects will be evaluated and selected by the Faculty of the Two-year MA in Fashion and Textile Design the Admissions Jury.
The five best projects will be awarded a scholarship for partial coverage of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA in Fashion and Textile Design starting in September 2018.
- 1st prize: nr. 1 scholarship covering 60% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program
- 2nd prize: nr. 1 scholarship covering 50% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program
- 3rd prize: nr. 1 scholarship covering 40% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program
- 2 special mentions covering 20% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee amounting to:
2-year Master of Arts Degree Programs:
€9.900 (for EU passport holders – Local Community Tax and Second Year Diploma Fee are not included)
€14.250 (for non-EU passport holders – Local Community Tax and Second Year Diploma Fee are not included)
Policy for renewal to the 2nd academic year:
• Achievement of at least 40 credits by the end of the 3rd exams session – Fall/September;
• Weighted average not lower than 27/30 by the end of the 3rd exams session – Fall/September.
In order to obtain the renewal of the Scholarship for the 2nd academic year, the recipient should comply with NABA reenrolment procedure and meet the requirements mentioned here above.
At the end of the third exam session (fall/ September), the Registration office will check whether the recipient meets the requirements to renew the Scholarship. Scholarship confirmation will be communicated to the student by October 31th.