Time left to compete
International Fashion Competition
The competition aims to introduce potential students to their future teachers, who will assess their skills and background in order to determine their eligibility to attend the Master of Arts Degree in Fashion and Textile Design at NABA, Milan. Interested people are asked to introduce themselves by presenting an outfit or an accessory which reflects their own personality using the language of fashion.
Candidates are required to submit:
- Short description (max 200 words) of the concept of the project highlighting reasons supporting their choices
- Sketches and/or inspiration images
- Picture of the realized outfit/accessory
- Notes about the realization (i.e. sewn/made by the applicant, sewn/made by someone else, list of materials and techniques)
- Personal portfolio of works and projects/personal collection
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Motivation statement
- Copy of Degree Certificate
- Academic Transcripts
- NABA Master Programs Application Form – Academic Year 2017/2018
Candidates are asked to send their materials in English language and in two files in PDF format: one including competition project and one including personal portfolio.
* Application fee is waived for competition participants
The competition is open to young designers that adopt and recognize in fashion a language able to visually embrace the essence of the contemporary world (music, visual arts, humanistic culture, technical/scientific culture, craft and industrial technologies, experimentation and tradition).
HOW CAN I SUBSCRIBE TO THIS INITIATIVE?
Candidates are asked to uploaded their materials in English language and in two files in PDF format: one including competition project and one including personal portfolio. You can upload your materials by clicking the button below:
alternatively materials can be sent by email to:
or shipped to:
NABA Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti Milano
International Admissions Office
Via Darwin, 20 – 20143 Milan, Italy
When you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation within 48 hours that your submission was received. If you do not receive a confirmation, let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org
• May 12th 2017 – Deadline for submitting applications and projects
• June 6th 2017 – Communication of results to participants
• June 13th 2017 – Deadline for winners to matriculate in the MA in Fashion and Textile Design
Projects will be evaluated and selected by the Faculty of the Two-year MA in Fashion and Textile Design.
The five best projects will be awarded a scholarship for partial coverage of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA in Fashion and Textile Design starting in September 2017.
- 1st prize: nr. 1 scholarship covering 60% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program
- 2nd prize: nr. 1 scholarship covering 50% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program
- 3rd prize: nr. 1 scholarship covering 40% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program
- 2 special mentions covering 20% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee amounting to:
2-year Master of Arts Degree Programs:
€9.900 (for EU passport holders – Local Community Tax and Second Year Diploma Fee are not included)
€13.250 (for non-EU passport holders – Local Community Tax and Second Year Diploma Fee are not included)
Scholarships can be extended to the second year of the program, as long as the students meet the required standards, namely 27/30 average of marks and a total of 40 credits of passed exams in the fall session of the academic year 2017/18.