Time left to compete
THE GLOBAL CONTEMPORARY
International Contemporary Art Markets Competition
Students are invited to submit a dossier containing 15 works, comparing contemporary art with works from different cultures and periods. Consulting exhibition catalogues, auction house and gallery websites, candidates are required to select a collection of works, which are to be described individually in a data sheet (author, technique, date, size, origin and price, where available) and write an introductory text presenting the collection and the reasons behind their choices.
Competition participants are requested to submit:
- A PROJECT PROPOSAL to be submitted in the form of a text explaining the concept (maximum 2 A4 pages), in addition to a dossier containing the 15 selected works and relevant data sheets, any graphical designs, photoediting or any other technique (maximum 18 A4 sheets), and any other additional materials on digital media (CD, DVD, USB key with visualization of the project, photos, 3D, designs, drawings etc. in a pdf format).
Candidates are also required to submit:
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Motivation statement
- Copy of Bachelor Degree/Academic diploma translated into English/Italian
- Academic transcript/marksheet of previous studies, translated into English/Italian, listing subjects and exams, with corresponding number of hours/credits
- NABA Master Programs Application Form – Academic Year 2018/2019
Candidates are asked to send their materials in English or Italian language and in two files in PDF format: one including competition project and one including the remaining materials.
* Application fee is waived for competition participants
The competition is open to candidates with a three-year bachelor’s degree or a level I academic diploma, (or who are waiting to attain this qualification within the last session of a.y. 2017/18), in arts, humanities, economics or legal disciplines, interested in learning more about the art market and the valorisation of collections.
The competition is also open to candidates with proven professional experience in the art world.
HOW CAN I SUBSCRIBE TO THIS INITIATIVE?
Candidates are asked to uploaded their materials in English language and in two files in PDF format: one including competition project and one including the remaining materials. You can upload your materials by clicking the button below:
alternatively materials can be sent by email to:
or shipped to:
NABA Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti Milano
International Admissions Office
Via Darwin, 20 – 20143 Milan, Italy
When you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation within 48 hours that your submission was received. If you do not receive a confirmation, let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org
• May 11th 2018 – Deadline for submitting applications and projects
• June 5th 2018 – Communication of results to participants
• June 13th 2018 – Deadline for winners to matriculate in the MA in Communication Design
The five best projects will be awarded a scholarship for partial coverage of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA in Contemporary Art Markets starting in September 2017.
- 1st prize: n. 1 scholarship covering 60% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program
- 2nd prize: n. 1 scholarship covering 50% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program
- 3rd prize: n. 1 scholarship covering 40% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program
- 2 special mentions covering 20% of the tuition fee to attend the first year of the MA Program
Prizes will be calculated on the standard tuition fee amounting to:
1-year Academic Master Programs
€12.990 (for EU passport holders –Diploma Fee is not included)
€16.550 (for non-EU passport holders – Diploma Fee is not included)
The projects submitted by candidates will be assessed and selected by:
MARCO SCOTINI – Director of NABA’s Visual Arts Department, Artistic Director at FM Contemporary Art Centre, Milan.
ANTONELLA CRIPPA – Art Advisor, OPEN CARE, Milan.
WALTER GUADAGNINI – Unicredit Artistic Board
ADRIANA POLVERONI – Journalist and Essayist, Director of Exibart, Rome