Time left to compete
EIGHTEEN SCHOLARSHIPS 40% TUITION FEE COVERAGE
NABA, International Academy of Arts and Design in Milan, is pleased to launch a scholarship competition open to International students for Bachelor of Arts Degree Programs, academic year 2019/2020.
The scholarship competition aims at selecting the Best International Profiles and at supporting their outstanding talents.
For this very reason, NABA offers EIGHTEEN SCHOLARSHIPS covering 40% of the tuition fee for the Bachelor of Arts Degree Programs in Graphic Design and Art Direction, Design, Fashion Design, Media Design and Multimedia Arts, Creative Technologies, Set Design, Painting and Visual Arts starting in September 2019.
March 15th 2019
Creativity is not an abstract exercise, on the contrary, it requires the ability to contextualize and elaborate information and look for new solutions with an open spirit capable of listening and interacting.
NABA will award the scholarships following qualitative and commitment measures that the Jury will assess by reviewing the portfolio of projects and the motivation letter (artistic statement) of the candidates.
Portfolios are reviewed taking into consideration: aesthetic awareness, composition, drawing, design, color perception, spatial perception, quality of presentation, technique and originality. Favorable consideration is given to strong 2-D and 3-D work that shows fully rendered pieces, excellent craftsmanship, attention to technique, and original design.
All materials submitted should be clearly labeled with applicant’s name and contact information. Digital or internet based works can be submitted.
Eighteen scholarships covering 40% of the full standard tuition fee (16.360 Euro net of regional tax) for the following NABA BA programs starting in September 2019 and valid for the Academic Year 2019/20:
- Two 40% scholarships for the BA Program in Graphic Design and Art Direction, English or Italian language
- Two 40% scholarships for the BA Program in Design, English or Italian language
- Two 40% scholarships for the BA Program in Fashion Design, English or Italian language
- Two 40% scholarships for the BA Program in Media Design and Multimedia Arts, English or Italian language
- Two 40% scholarships for the BA Program in Creative Technologies, English or Italian language
- Two 40% scholarships for the BA Program in Set Design, English or Italian language
- Two 40% scholarships for the BA Program in Painting and Visual Arts, English or Italian language
- One 40% scholarship for the BA Program in Graphic Design and Art Direction, English or Italian language
- One 40% scholarship for the BA Program in Fashion Design, English or Italian language
- One 40% scholarship for the BA Program in Media Design and Multimedia Arts, English or Italian language
- One 40% scholarship for the BA Program in Painting and Visual Arts, English or Italian languageEach candidate is allowed to submit one application selecting one BA program and one campus.
* New Rome location is subject to authorization by the MIUR (Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research)
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Candidates holding a valid higher secondary school diploma*, or about to get it within the academic year 2018/19 and with a knowledge of the Italian/English language (according to the medium of instruction of the program) equal to a complete B1 Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (IELTS 5.0 or equivalent for English programs).
* The higher Secondary School Diploma:
- shall allow to enter a graduate program which is comparable to the Italian BA Degree;
- shall be obtained at the end of a period of study lasting at least 12 years;
- In case a national test or final exam is necessary to enter a higher education institution in the student’s country of origin, such test/exam is also mandatory for entering Italian BA programs (Gao Kao and Yi Kao in China, TYT/AYT in Turkey, Vestibular in Brazil…).
Interested candidates shall upload the requested materials on the following URL competition.naba.it or submit via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject “NABA’s Got Talent Competition 2019” by and not later than March 15th 2019.
When you submit your project, you will receive a confirmation within 48 hours that your submission was received. If you do not receive a confirmation, let us know at email@example.com
Candidates willing to participate must submit the following materials:
- Artistic portfolio of projects and works1
- Artistic statement2
- NABA Three-year Bachelor of Arts Degree Application Form 2019/2020 downloadable at the link
- Copy of the high school diploma (if available), translated into English or Italian or School Attendance Certificate of the 12th year
- Copy of the high school academic transcripts, translated into English or Italian
- Copy of the passport
- Competition application form here attached
Application fee of 100,00 EUR is waived for competition participants.
HOW CAN I SUBSCRIBE TO THIS INITIATIVE?
All interested students can submit their application by filling in the Application for Participation (page 5/5 of the competition announcement) and uploading complete digital documentation clicking the button below:
or submit materials via email at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject “NABA’s Got Talent Competition 2019”
WHO WILL BE AWARDED THE SCHOLARSHIP?
The submitted applications will be selected and evaluated by leading Faculty of the chosen BA Program and the Admission jury.
WHEN WILL THE RESULTS BE COMMUNICATED?
Final results will be communicated to participants via email by April 4th 2019.
HOW DO I ACCEPT MY SCHOLARSHIP?
Winners are requested to accept the prize by sending an email to email@example.com by and not later than April 10th 2019. If no feedback is received by this date, the scholarship will be revoked.
Once the prizes have been accepted, winners must confirm their participation in the BA Program by sending copy of the pre-enrollment fee payment by and not later than April 15th 2019.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Each scholarship covers 40% of the tuition fee for the 1st year of the chosen 3-year BA Degree Program
- Each candidate is allowed to submit one application selecting one BA program and one campus.
- The amount of the scholarship will be discounted from the overall tuition fees equivalent to 16.360 Euros (net of regional tax), and will be deducted for every academic year from the last instalment of the Tuition Fees.
- The scholarship is renewable for 2nd and 3rd year if specific academic criteria are met3.
- NABA is entitled not to award the scholarship if the projects are deemed not to meet the suitable standards defined by the jury. The jury will judge at its own discretion and its decision is final.
- Should the evaluation of two candidates result equivalent, NABA will choose the winner according to the Grade Point Average obtained during the high school (up until the moment when the application is presented).
- Assigned scholarships that are not redeemed could be transferred to the next candidate in the ranking list.
- The scholarships presented in this public announcement cannot be combined with other economic reductions offered by NABA, including DSU scholarship.
- The scholarship will be no longer applicable in case the student: does not enrol to NABA within the deadline set out by the competition announcement; renounces to attend the program or demands to be transferred to another Academy/University; incurs in more serious disciplinary penalties than written reprimand for infractions against NABA.
- Awarded prizes cannot be deferred to future intakes of the program and cannot be switched from Milan to Rome campus and vice versa.
- Every moral or paternity right of all submitted works are property of the author.
- The works sent to NABA will not be returned.
- Rights related to exhibition, publication and broadcasting of winners’ works belong both to the authors and to NABA (and the related organization).
-> For the notes 1,2,3 please refer to the competition announcement.